Rabu, September 10, 2008

18 and Life

"Ricky was a young boy,
he had a heart of stone..."



I didn't know it before - but now I do - how I could even headbanging to the sound of hair-metal!

And even did air-guitar acts!

That quote was from Skid Row's 18 and Life and you sure are familiar with the melody, that is if you grew up the way I did, listening to rock and metal bands alone because nobody in your house seemed to enjoy the melody of the guitars, the heavy riffs, distortions, screaming and high vocal pitch, agressive drummings, etc.



You see, sometimes in those adolescent years I felt kind of lonely because not many people I knew of were listening to rock bands.

Ah, that's not the point here.

I mean that while listening to Skid Row's album -- I played 18 and Life and I Remember You again and again -- I felt kind of nostalgic. And I was daydreaming of being a young boy (like Ricky) and being angry at the world that let me struggle to get through life even since a very young age.

"He had no money, oooh no good at home.
He walked the streets a soldier and he fought the world alone."

Now that was something that I thought I could relate to. Not in the way that I must be working so I could eat. I felt that somehow I was being alienated in my early years, as a kid, a teenager, and first couple of years in the college.

I am being nostalgic.

Imagine that: Me. Nostalgic.

Gee...

I must be old.


Posted by Picasa

1 komentar:

  1. imagine a girl in junior high, loved Metallica n Guns n Roses n Bon Jovi n Def Leppard. N girls around her loved Aaron Kwok n Jimmy Lin n all those taiwanese cuties.
    I think i feel what you felt back then :D

    BalasHapus

what is it?